The Eclipse Foundation is holding a contest to design a new and improved committer t-shirt to give away at EclipseCon 2009. Anyone can participate and all ideas are welcome. Help us make the Eclipse community a better-dressed place!
- All designs must be original work -- unlike past contests, you cannot borrow from movies or TV.
- As with all contributions to Eclipse, your submission will be licensed under the EPL.
- The maximum image size allowed is 30x30 cm / 12x12 inches / 1800x1800 pixels.
- Designs can be in colour or black & white.
- If you want to incorporate the Eclipse logo, various formats can be found on the artwork page.
Design FormatSince we want to open the t-shirt contest to creative people of all graphic design skill levels, we are using Zazzle as one of the submission format options. To create a custom t-shirt:
- Go to Zazzle.com and click the Create tab at the top
- Choose a shirt style
- Add images and text to create your design
- Click the Post for sale button in the bottom right and sign up for an account
You are also welcome to use Photoshop, GIMP or any other graphics program to create a design in .jpg, .gif or .png format.
How to EnterSubmit your image as an attachment in .jpg, .gif or .png format to bug 256495, or enter a link to your Zazzle creation on the bug.
The deadline for entries is January 12, 2009 at 4:00 pm EST.
Note: Individuals are allowed to submit multiple entries, but only one prize per person will be awarded.
- 1st place: a Flip Mino video camera, an Eclipse jacket, and your winning design worn by hundreds of grateful committers at EclipseCon
- 2nd place: an Eclipse fleece
- 3rd place: an Eclipse shirt
Finalists will be chosen by a community vote and the winning shirt will be selected by the Eclipse Foundation. Community voting will take place January 13-26, 2009, with results posted here.